What is the Wiregrass Blues Festival Steering Committee?
As the name suggests, a Steering Committee helps to steer the planning of the Wiregrass Blues Fest from beginning to completion. More specifically, the planning timeline for this 2023 Festival Season is August 2022 to April 2023.
The committee will be key players or partners in the project or those with particular expertise to lend to the project. It is vital to involve people who are/desire to be directly involved with the organization and community. The WBF Steering Committee will help serve the organization and Festival organizers.
Our members will take priority when choosing a steering committee.
What is the role of the Wiregrass Blues Festival Steering Committee?
WBF Steering Committee’s role is to provide advice and ensure successful festival and festival outcomes such as logistics, sponsorships, tickets sales, performances, budgets, and marketing. Tasks may include:
- Providing input to the development of the Fest, including the evaluation of strategy
- Providing advice on the budget
- Defining and helping to achieve Fest outcomes (ticket sales, dynamic performances, community outreach, and engagement)
- Identifying the Fest priorities
- Monitoring and establishing timelines and potential risks
- Monitoring the quality of the festival as it develops
- Providing advice and sometimes making decisions about changes to the project as it develops
- Helping to plan honoree program, Blues-in-Schools, and music line-up
- Helping the Wiregrass Blues Society to make meaningful community connections/relationships to better support Festival activities and production
Are you interested in serving on the 2023 WBF Steering Committee? You will help provide support, guidance, and oversight of the 2023 Blues Fest! Fill out the form below or email us at [email protected]!